The latest reports are showing that the uses of health and fitness mobile applications have jumped up by 300% during the last 2.5 years. More than 80% H & F app user goes through the fitness app twice a week and the remaining 20% uses it’s all feature 14 times a week.

The application market associated with the fitness industry is expected to grow up to 35 Billion dollars by 2021 from 11 Billion dollars. In the last two and a half years, there has been a notable number of health and fitness apps are developed globally to serve the purpose seamlessly.

So if you are thinking about to develop an iPhone app for health and fitness tracking then go on reading further.

Before investment, keep in mind that iPhone app development isn’t cheaper, you can easily acquire. The development cost is higher because there aren’t lots of professional developers, making a unique app idea into reality.

The cost of the development can considerably be reduced if the process is handled from the beginning. So here are some recommendations to develop an H&F app for iPhone cost-effectively but sincerely.

1# List the vital features and stay on it:

Before starting, analyse all available app and their features and then compare it with your ideas. Sort out the best features and mix it with your ideas. Generally, the most used features are given below:

  • Registration
  • A user profile
  • Social media integration
  • Connection with wearables app
  • Health condition tracking
  • Geo-location tagging and information
  • Push notification
  • Live video tutorial streaming or recording
  • Healthkart for purchasing health drinks and fitness kit
  • Loyalty service
  • Secure checkout

Now make a list and draft the idea to execute the first viable version of your unique iPhone app. Once you have accumulated all the requirements of your projects, hire an iPhone App development company to employ developers.

When developers get a clear scenario about what to develop, they will not be able to charge a huge amount for the project and will deliver the prototype within a period or fix detail deadline for delivery.

2# To get noticed use extra feature:

The most essential feature for the app owner is the admin panel. This feature plays a pivotal role. Make sure that your Admin Panel must have

  • Dashboard: Dashboard must comprise data record and tracking of live sessions.
  • Loyalty and Rewards Program: To maintain your existing user it is a very essential feature you have to include. It also works as an important marketing tool.

3# The backend:

The backend of the app should be powerful. Make sure that it can navigate smoothly and seamlessly on all kind of device.

4# Choose Open Source wisely:

There are numbers of Open Source Framework is present in the market. This can contribute huge cost-cutting in an iPhone app development. But don’t compromise in terms of quality.

5# Outsource handling:

Always prefer fixed hourly rates and don’t go for an hourly pricing model in terms of hiring an iPhone app development company. Always deploy experienced team manager to handle the entire project.


The health and fitness apps are for those people who don’t have time to go to a gym or fitness centre. So, you have to be very serious when you are adding the features into the app. Creating this type of apps can be challenging for you and the developers too. If the app attracts users through its features and great UI and offers seamless experience Then it will rock the market. So before steps in, make sure that you have a great plan and you hire a top iPhone app development company for the same.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *