MS Outlook is one of the most used Email Clients that is developed by Microsoft. It helps in managing multiple email profiles from the same interface. It stores the complete data including emails, tasks, calendars, etc. in PST file format. Now a day’s outlook seems to be the old trend as Microsoft has developed Office 365 cloud-based platform. It enables users to access its emails anywhere with having the availability of the internet. Because of its easy-to-use functionality, the companies are now preparing their minds to use Office 365 instead of Outlook but don’t want to leave the old data that is in the PST file
Today I am going to discuss the solution of such PST to Office 365 migration problem with that companies can easily migrate to Office 365 with its Old important data of Outlook. Just go through the complete article and follow the mentioned steps to successfully import PST to Office 365.
There are two possible methods available to migrate PST to Office 365
1). Manual Method (Azure AzCopy Tool and PowerShell) – Requires high technical skills
2). Third-Party PST to Office 365 Migration Tool
Method 1: Manual Method (Azure AzCopy Tool and PowerShell)
If you are planning to manually upload your Outlook PST file database to a cloud-based Office 365 platform then it may be a hard and lengthy task. Converting PST files into Office 365 with Azure AzCopy requires detailed planning and advanced technical skills to complete the migration job. However, to use this method you need to prepare the following things:
- Find & copy SAS URL and install Azure AzCopy which includes 11 steps.
- Upload your PST files to Azure Storage Location which also requires 3 steps.
- Create the PST Import mapping file that also includes 3 steps.
- Set up a PST Import job in Office 365 which requires 12 more steps.
- Filter data and start the PST Import for that you need to apply 5 steps.
In this way, you need to apply 34 stages to shift Outlook PST files in Office 365 account, which will take a lot of time. If you still want to know the manual procedure to upload PST files into O365 platform, see the article of Microsoft: Use the network upload to import PST files in Office 365.
Method 2: Third-party PST to Office 365 Migration Tool
There are several third-party applications available in the market for performing the PST to Office 365 migration, but I would like to recommend MailsDaddy PST to Office 365 Migration Tool. This is a standalone tool that performs the migration with 4 simple steps. The best thing about this tool is that no complex PowerShell or Azure commands are required to perform the Migration.
Using this solution users can quickly upload ANSI and Unicode PST files into Office 365. The software is helpful for quickly transferring single or multiple PST files into one or more Office 365 accounts at a single time. This utility offers users to move some selected PST file folders into Office 365. It keeps safe the complete email database by maintaining all internal folder structure, text formatting, email properties, and HTML formatting.
Some Features of This PST to Office 365 Migration Tool
- Offers the easiest way to import PST files into Office 365 Cloud platform.
- Allows users to open, access, and view Outlook PST file databases in the preview section.
- Provides Impersonation Export option to move multiple PST files into one or more O365 accounts.
- Facilitates users to quickly transfer password-safe PST files into the Exchange Online environment.
- Ability to upload a heavy PST file into Microsoft 365 without any changes in original content.
- Enables users to filter, find and import some selected PST file emails into Office 365 accounts.
- Share information on how users can get Tenant ID, Client ID, and Client Secret ID for migration.
- Provides the option to create the logs report of the complete PST to Microsoft 365 conversion process.
- No PowerShell, Outlook, or Azure commands are required to perform PST to Office 365 Migration.
- Provides date filter option to move emails of selected date into the Exchange 365 platform.
How does This Tool Import PST Files into Office 365?
Just Follow the Steps mentioned below to perform the conversion process with MailsDaddy tool.
- Download and install PST to Office 365 Migration software on your machine.
- Click on Add File button to browse the PST file that you want to import into the Office 365 user account.
- The application will show you the preview of browsed PST file.
- Click on the Export button and enter your Office 365 credentials(Tenant ID, Client ID, Client Secret, and Email ID), and hit the Enter button.
Users can also download the trial version of this solution for testing purposes. The free demo pack enables users to import the first 20 email items per mailbox from PST to Office 365.
In this article, we have discussed the best possible approach to migrate PST files into Office 365 user account. Let us know if you have any related queries regarding the PST to Office 365 conversion.
Also Read: Technique to Convert OST to PST File Format