A neurologist is a healthcare practitioner who focuses on disorders of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves. If necessary, a neurologist may recommend you to and collaborate with other specialists, such as a neurosurgeon or neuro-oncologist, after doing an examination, ordering tests, making a diagnosis, and treating your condition with medication or physical therapy.
Bring your comments, share your medical information, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Your neurologist in Indore is available to identify your illness, provide the best treatment or management options, and provide you with support. So, if you feel it is necessary, you should book an appointment online with a neurologist in Indore for a checkup.
Signs that you should consult a neurologist
You might wish to contact a neurologist in Indore (or be recommended to one) if you have some of the more widespread symptoms listed below:
- Memory problems and forgetfulness.
- consciousness loss
- Disturbing the taste or fragrance.
- vision issues.
- Feelings of numbness and tingling.
- facial asymmetries (one side of your face doesn’t match the other; you can’t grin fully, your eyelids droop, etc.).
- Deafness, tinnitus in the ears, and vertigo.
- swallowing difficulties, hoarseness of voice, inability to shrug shoulders or turn your neck, and problems moving your tongue.
- Weakness, cramps, spasms, and twitching of the muscles.
- Any bodily part may experience burning or electric shock-like pain.
- headache, back or neck pain.
- gait imbalance.
- a slowness of motion.
Diagnosis by Neurologist in Indore
Your neurologist in Indore will inquire about your past health conditions, your family’s medical history, your medication usage, and any present symptoms. Additionally, a neurologic examination will be performed, comprising tests of your:
- Balance, reflexes, coordination, and gait
- muscle power.
- mental well-being
- Speech, hearing, and vision
In order to better understand the severity of your problem or monitor your drug levels, your neurologist in Indore may also order blood, urine, or other fluid tests. Inherited disorders can be found by doing genetic testing. It may also be necessary to order imaging tests of your nervous system to assist in the diagnosis. Patients are treated by neurologists using drugs, physical therapy, or other methods.
Book an appointment online with a neurologist in Indore
It helps to be organized in order to benefit the most from your appointment with the neurologist. Among the ways to get ready are:
- Make a list of the most crucial topics you want to cover with your neurologist and bring it with you.
- Talk about any changes to your general health.
- Book an appointment online and talk about any new symptoms you’re experiencing or any changes to old ones. Have a symptom notebook and keep it with you at all times. In it, you should note occurrences such as the day and time they happened, the duration, severity, causes, symptoms, and any steps you took to put a stop to the incident. If you suffer from a condition like epilepsy, sleep apnea, headaches, or Parkinson’s disease, this is extremely helpful.
- Bring copies of any test results, such as a CD with photographs, as well as any lab work that was required and ordered by healthcare professionals other than your neurologist.
- Bring a list of all the medications you now use. Include all prescription, over-the-counter, and vitamin, herbal, and dietary supplement goods. Inform your neurologist of any past treatments that didn’t work or had unwanted side effects.
- List any known allergies you have with you.
- To take notes and serve as an extra set of ears and eyes. This individual can assist you in reviewing the conversation with your neurologist, asking inquiries, and serving as a reminder for scheduling testing and follow-up appointments.